ENGLISH (Guy FAURE)
- Département Environnement et Société
- UMR Innovation
- Director of the research unit "Innovation", PhD in economy, post PhD degree
TA C-85 / 15
73 rue Jean-François Breton
34398 Montpellier Cedex 5
- Tel : +33 4 67 61 65 87
- Fax : +33 4 67 61 44 15
- Adresse mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
farming systems analisis
Strengthening of producers' organizations : organizational diagnosis, producers' insertion in supply chains
Participatory farm management : agricultural advisory methods, relationship adviser-producer, advisory services (governance, financing)
Innovation processes and innovation system
Participatory research and action-research
My research works deal with decision-making processes at farm level and family level, the methods and tools to train and assist farmers in their decision making process, the transformation of advisory services (governance and funding), the coordination mechanisms between producers inside their producers organizations and with downstream stakeholders inside the value chain, and the analysis of and support to multistakeholders innovation processes. These researchs are based on in-depth case studies in Western Africa and Central America. These researchs are usually based on an action-research methodology.
- 12 years of experience in Africa participating in research activities and in support to development projects dealing with farming systems and farmers organizations, on-farm experiments, designing y set up of new extension methods for small farms in relation with farmers’ organizations, training for researchers, extension agents and farmers’ representatives. Good knowledge of the savannah areas (cereals, cotton, livestock farming).
- 3 years in Central America to implement a research-development project and to advise the Extension Direction of the Ministry of Agriculture in Costa Rica (extension, farmers’ organizations). Good knowledge of the humid zone in a diversified context (cereals, beans, yucca, pine-apple, fruits, flowers, livestock farming,…)
- 12 years in France to manage research programs : team management, budget management, conception, implementation and monitoring of research and development projects dealing with natural resources management, extension and farm management, irrigated systems management.
Consultiing missions : specific studies, project design, project evaluation
Clients : World Bank, Interamerican Bank of Development, European Union, French Development Agency, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Western Africa, Central African, Madagascar, Central America
savanah zone de savanes, Humid tropic zone
Short term assignements :
Africa : Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Centralafrica, Ivory Coast, Guinea, Madagascar, Nigeria, Chad, Senegal
Latin America : Costa Rica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Peru
- participation and co-organisation of a specific module (master Acteurs du Développement Rural, IRC-CIRAD-IAMM, Montpellier, France) : participatory farm management and assistance to decision making process
- Students' works (agricultural scientist, master, PhD)
Liste CIRAD des publications de Guy FAURE
© Cette page est publiée sous la responsabilité exclusive de Guy FAURE
La responsabilité du Cirad ne peut en aucun cas être engagée.
Page affichée 71134 fois. Dernière visite le 2020-05-27 11:14:43
Dernière modification de cette page le 2016-08-20 18:57:35