- Environment and Society Department
- UPR Forests and Societies
- Burkina Faso
Discipline and activities
- Political ecology
- Interface Nature / Society
- Adaptation to global changes
01 BP 171
- Téléphone :+226 74 45 69 52; +33 6 48 11 72 48
- Adresse mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed job description and administrative responsibilities
Senior scientist, hired by CIRAD in 1999,
working within a research unit focused on the goods and services provided by
tropical forest ecosystems
Member of the scientific commitee of the Environments and Societies Department.
Field of competences and area of expertise
Denis Gautier is a geographer with interests
in the governance and management of natural and
renewable resources in tropical dryland areas. Trained as an
agronomist, specialized in tropical forestry, he holds a PhD (Université
d’Avignon) and a “habilitation à diriger
des recherches” (Université de Paris 1 Panthéon - Sorbonne) in geography.
Experience in researching
His research interests
are the geographical analysis of natural resource management and practices, with a
focus on the the rights of access to and use of natural resources and on territorialisation
processes, and on the links between ecosystem resilience and the vulnerability
of woodland product-dependent people.
Geographic areas of intervention
Drylands; Africa; Sudano-sahelian area; Bamiléké country
Teaching and training activities
Participation in projects
- RELAX (Promoting resilience in the African rural houseolds: Food systems at a crossroads), funded by Agropolis fundation; leader of the WP on "Outside the farm. Finding sources of diet diversity in markets and nature"
- SANTE (Agro-ecological transition and food security and nutrition), funded by GloFoodS a INRA/CIRAD metaprogram; coordinator
- Expertise for Livelihoods venture
Liste CIRAD des publications de Denis Gautier
© Cette page est publiée sous la responsabilité exclusive de Denis Gautier
La responsabilité du Cirad ne peut en aucun cas être engagée.
Page affichée 60876 fois. Dernière visite le 2017-09-21 16:04:03
Dernière modification de cette page le 2017-08-11 05:49:46